Marcus and I took a few days off work last week and went to Kansas City. It will probably be our last vacation for a long time! Neither of us had ever been there, but we were looking for somewhere that was an easy drive from here and the St. Louis Cardinals (Marcus's favorite team) happened to be playing there last week so it was a pretty easy decision. We stayed for four nights and went to the baseball game, the zoo, the best outlet mall I've ever been to, and to a really cool museum. We also ate at lots of good restaurants. My favorite was a steak place called J. Gilberts. It was a splurge, but sooo delicious.
The first two pictures were taken at the Arabia Steamboat museum by a huge steamboat wheel. (I guess it's called the wheel-not sure!) Basically, these guys dug up a huge steamboat that sank in the 1850's and was buried under a field after the river changed course. It was carrying merchandise for stores out west and people's personal belongings. It was really interesting. There were lots of old clothes, dishes, tools, and even jars of food. It might sound nerdy, but we both really enjoyed it.
Kansas City had a great zoo. We walked around for probably 4-5 hours and didn't even see everything. Marcus fed the goats and they were hoping for more.
Ready for the Cardinals game
The Royals have a fantastic stadium. I loved all the fountains in the outfield.
No comments:
Post a Comment