Today is Marcus's 30th Birthday!!! He is such an amazing husband and I just can't brag on him enough. I am sooo lucky to have him. Last year at this time we were on the beach in Mexico. Now we are getting ready for our sweet baby. It's amazing how much things can change in a year, but we are so happy with where we are now. I got him a new camera for his birthday and we are going out for a nice dinner on Friday night.
I am 31 weeks pregnant now and still feeling pretty good. Some days I still feel pretty normal and other days I do feel tired and like I am slowing down. It's defintely getting harder to chase kids at work and sometimes I have to ask for help in picking up kids or other heavy things. According to "What to Expect", Owen now weighs 3 1/2 pounds, which is pretty cool. We've been going to childbirth class each week this month and I have really enjoyed it. Thursday is our last class. I went to Just Between Friends, a huge baby and kids consignment sale, and got some great clothes for Owen and me and a few other things too. Owen already has ALOT of clothes. I'm having more fun shopping for a boy than I though I would. We had a hard time finding bedding that we liked that wasn't too "themey" or ridiculously expensive. Yesterday, my wonderful friend Colleen found some great bedding on Craigslist (in North Carolina) and is sending it to me. I am SOOO excited. It is just perfect. It's from Pottery Barn and is blue and green with some elephants ( but not too many!) I feel like he is going to be here so soon!
On a not so fun note, 3 weeks ago we were in a car accident. We were headed to church and were rear ended while we were sitting at a stoplight by a lady who didn't slow down at all until after she hit us. Marcus's car was totaled, but we are fine. I called my doctor the next day so that I could go into her office just to get checked out and was advised to go to hosptial- to the Labor and Delivery floor. I was really upset about having to go to the hospital. It made me feel like something really could be wrong, even though he was still moving normally and I really felt ok. They monitored Owen's heartrate for awhile, did bloodwork, and an ultrasound and thankfully he was just fine.
This past weekend, we had a small flood in our house. I don't totally understand how it works but some drain on our air conditioner was clogged and stinky water was coming up through the floor into our hallway. It's dry now, but we still have huge, loud fans blowing to dry out the pad under the carpet. Yuck. Hopefully, this week and weekend will be drama-free!
| 27 weeks- I look so tired here...it was after a busy day at work. 29 weeks 30 weeks Marcus's car. : ( The nasty water he vacuumed out of the carpet. It filled the tub halfway up. Yuck!!! |
| Mr. Fix-it-just a few days before the big 3-0 |
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, Elizabeth, you look great! I was shocked to find out that you were already at 31 weeks...time has flown! Here's hoping you have a little less of the no-fun kind of excitement in the next few weeks. :) If you need anything, just give me a hollar! :)
Post a Comment