Wednesday, June 25, 2008

tulsa vs. little rock

I am really bored because Marcus had to go work in Maumelle today and won't be back until Friday night. We found out about this around 4 or 5 yesterday afternoon. It looks like he will be in Maumelle all of next week too. Yuck!!!



Some good news is our friends Corey and Brittney are moving to Tulsa today and I'm planning to have dinner with them tonight. I am so looking forward to some social interaction. (In case you haven't heard or guessed, I've found a job with a therapy company, but haven't started working yet.) I don't think I'm cut out to be a housewife -at least not until we have kids.



Here is how Tulsa compares to Little Rock so far:



1. I think Little Rock is much prettier as far as nature goes. The Arkansas River looked cleaner in L.R. than it does in Tulsa for some reason. Little Rock has more hills, trees, flowers, etc. Marcus and I never actually did any outdoor activities, but it was nice having the option. I used to love walking near our old apartment and am not sure that would be the safest option here.Tulsa does have more trees than I thought it would though.



2. I am really excited about our new church. We loved our life group in Little Rock and that was definitely the hardest thing to leave, but we were never as involved as we should have been at Pleasant Valley. It was such a big church that it was kind of overwhelming to me sometimes and it didn't help that Marcus worked on Sundays for the majority of the time we were there. I am excited about new opportunites here. Our class is a great size and everyone seems to be really involved.



3. Our apartment in Maumelle was alot nicer and newer than our current one, but the new one is in a good location and convenient to everything we need. Also, it's great to be on the first floor instead of the third. This apartment does have an old smell I don't like though. Hmmm there are definitely pros and cons to both.



4. If you know us, you know we love to go out to eat....(it's definitely not our strong point financially. :) Tulsa has a ton of good restaurants. I am especially happy that they have a cheesecake factory and a melting pot. I really miss our favorite sushi restaurant, igibon, and the yummy salad dressing from u.s. pizza. Now that I can't have it, I keep craving it. The verdict is still out on which city has better restaurants.



5. Shopping... I haven't done alot of shopping besides at target and kohls, but I think Tulsa may be better. There are several nice shopping centers and the mall looks pretty big. I like that all the places where I shop are within a mile or so of each other.



Give me about 6 months and I'll give you more details and the final results of which city I like better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Love the blog!
Miss you but I will plan a trip to come see ya! :) Love you!

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Yeah!! Short Stories, oh, that funny! So glad you guys have a blog now, hope you are getting settled in. I know you guys are being missed in Arkansas.

ashleigh said...

Where did you decide to go to church?

Sorry that Marcus (or, as he is known at our house "Carkus") is back in Maumelle. Good grief--if you had known he would have to do that already, you could have taken longer to actually move!

When do you start work?

Love,
Ash

Allison said...

Hey Elizabeth,

Glad to hear that Tulsa doesn't suck too bad! =)

Allison