Tuesday, June 24, 2008

where are my shoes?

I had been thinking about starting a blog for awhile, but was afraid it would be boring. I asked Marcus what he thought about it. I expected him to make fun of me, but he was actually interested too. This seems like a fun way to keep in touch with family and friends. So here's our first exciting entry:


Packing up to move to Tulsa was no fun. We both put off packing as much as we could until about three days before the move. We moved on a Tuesday, so Saturday through Monday we were going nonstop. In the midst of the chaos, Marcus was nice enough to offer to pack up all our shoes. I saw the huge bag he had put them in and didn't think anything else about it....

A couple of days after we got to Tulsa, I was unpacking and realized I hadn't seen my shoe rack (which held about 15 pairs of shoes). After talking with Marcus, I found out that he didn't know it existed (it was kind of hidden behind a door in the old apt.) and didn't pack it or the shoes. I then realized that I only had a few pairs of shoes! I know there could be worse problems, but all you girls know how important cute shoes are. These are all that I had:
It was an honest mistake and I am really not that upset. I just can't believe that neither of us noticed the rack of shoes as we were cleaning our empty apartment. There are several good stores near our new place and it has been fun rebuilding my collection.

2 comments:

JR and Hilari said...

Oh man! You had some really cute shoes, too! That would really make me cry...you're a better woman than me!

Hilari

The Gernand Family said...

Hi Elizabeth! Welcome to blogging!! It is such a fun way to keep in touch! Sorry about your shoes. I think I would be super happy about getting to get new ones. :)

keri (estes) gernand