Friday, February 20, 2009
a sad shopping trip (or 2)
Marcus and I are getting so excited about our anniversary trip. We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. This week we went out in search of a few new clothes to take. The main things I wanted were a new swimsuit, 1 or 2 summery dresses, and maybe a new cover-up. We started at the mall. I even had a Dillards giftcard that my parents gave me for christmas. I found nothing! All the stores have summer stuff out, but there was nothing I liked. We went to Ross after that. It was my first trip to Ross and I did find a very cute ($15) dress there. The next night we went to DSW, Old Navy, and Target. That was my first trip to DSW too. Oh my goodness, they had so many great shoes. I didn't buy any, but Marcus did. I will definitely be going there more often. Off to old navy... again nothing I wanted. Same thing at Target. I keep looking at swimsuits and it seems like there aren't any for someone my age and size. They are all either for teenagers or grandmas or tiny people or really big people. I did find some shoes that would match my new dress at target, but they were out of my size. :( Oh well, I shouldn't complain. Hopefully I'll come across a swimsuit I like somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
have you looked online at land's end? they have lots of mix & match stuff. it's on the pricey side, but will look new for years. plus,all of their stuff is lined. hallelujah!
for a swimsuit, i mean!
Try Kohl's! I found several really cute tankini suits there last year for a very reasonable price. The tops and bottoms are sold separately so you can mix and match sizes...And you know I wouldn't wear a teenager or grandma suit!
I just got the Victoria's Secret swimsuit catalog adn there were some really cute and reasonable suits in it!
Post a Comment