Sunday, August 9, 2009

what we've been up to

Here's a quick update on what's been happening in the Short household: We had the "Marriage Matters" seminar at church last sunday-wednesday. We went to the same seminar at Marcus' mom's church while we were engaged and it was great to go back. The weekend has been pretty laid back. We had some friends over for dinner last night. I made Paula Deen's meatloaf and homemade mac and cheese. It was SO unhealthy, but it was a good meal. We just love having people over and it's so much more convenient now that we are in a house. Marcus and I have been teaching the three year olds at church since June and just have a few more weeks. They are adorable and at such a fun age. I LOVE teaching class with Marcus and it really impresses me how well he explains the Bible stories to the kids.

This week, I am going to a swap party where you take a shopping bag of old clothes, jewelry, purses and accessories and trade with friends. I am super excited about getting some cute new stuff for free.

In two weeks, we are going to Mexico for an end-of-summer vacation. It's a different resort, but in the same area, Puerto Morales. I know it sounds crazy since we just went in the spring, but we got an amazing deal after the swine flu outbreak. It was cheaper than flying somewhere in the US for a 3-4 day trip. We'll also get to celebrate Marcus' 29th birthday while we're there.

No comments: