Owen turned 11 months old last Sunday. I cannot believe how fast the past year has gone. He has been really into waving for about a month and pointing for a few weeks. This week, he started clapping. It sounds so simple, but each new skills is so exciting to me. It's great to see him interacting more and more. He still babbles lots of mama, dada, and baba. He pointed to a picture of Marcus the other night and said "da" and says "mamama" if I leave the room. He loves his pop up toy and thinks it's funny to use his foot to play with it. He also loves blocks, taking things in and out of containers, and his stacking cups. I love that most of his favorite toys are simple and not overstimulating. He has also been very interested in Heinz. He will get one of Heinz's toys and hold it out for him to get. He also likes to crawl toward Heinz and try to head butt him, luckily the poor dog watches out for himself pretty well. Owen loves to eat, just like his mama. He wants to try everything I eat, and really loves to get to try whatever it may be from my big fork. The fact that he's eating more "big boy food" is helping me to eat a little better. I'm definitely trying to have more fruits and vegetables around. He LOVES his bottle. I'm concerned about the transition of giving up the bottle. He will drink some water from sippy cups, but mainly thinks they are toys.The one thing that baffles me is his sleeping pattern. He was sleeping all night the majority of the time for months, but starting in July was waking up 1 (sometimes 2) times each night. I was exhausted and considering the cry it out method, when he suddenly started sleeping all night again (for 5 nights in a row). The past 2 nights, he has gotten up once. When he does get up, he just eats and goes right back to sleep. I just can't figure out what causes him to sleep all night some nights and not others. He loves going to daycare and Bible class and doesn't mind at all when I drop him off.
He recently started riding in his big boy carseat.
He loves to chew on/taste everything
He loves to hang out with his friend Ronan. He doesn't have a bottle in his mouth all the time. I promise!
Using his foot with the pop up toy
He is so sweet, happy, and loving!
1 comment:
I'm just now seeing this! Cute pictures. I especially like the one of our boys together. :) Cannot believe Owen will be 1 in less than a week! Time sure flies.
Post a Comment