Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Our Mother's Day weekend this year was pretty eventful and lots of fun.  Saturday, we hosted a crawfish boil and had a few friends over.  It was fun, but made for a busy day of preparation. This was Marcus's big idea and he'd been planning for months.  Here's my proud husband!  We had quite a bit of crawfish left, so we spent a good hour Sunday evening getting them shelled (Is that what you'd call it?) and we've had etoufee several times this week.

Owen didn't eat crawfish, but had fun with some of his friends.

This isn't the best picture. O was distracted by our neighbor on his bike and I was squinting, but it was the best we could do.  Doesn't he look handsome?  The bowtie melts my heart!

Owen was so thoughtful and got me a spa gift certificate for Mother's Day. Sunday morning, we went to church and to lunch with some friends from class.  After lunch, I went to the mall with my friend Patrice.  It was one of the highlights of my weekend.  I bought several fun new items and it was so nice to have some girl time.  When I got back from the mall, I took Owen to the park.  Marcus taught him how to say "Happy Mama Day"  one word at a time and it was so precious.  I made him do it probably 10 times on Sunday. Being a mom makes me so happy! 

No comments: