Monday, October 27, 2008

trunk of treats

I had a fun weekend. Two of my friends from Jonesboro, Shana and Kala, came to visit. We did some fun consignment shopping and ate lots of yummy food, including a dinner at the cheesecake factory. Last night, our church had it's annual Trunk of Treats (I keep calling it Trunk OR Treat). It was so much fun and a really cool way to reach out to the community. I did take note of some Do's and Don'ts of trick (or trunk) or treating...
Do's:
-Do dress your baby in a warm, fuzzy outfit! So cute!
-Do teach your kids how to say "trick or treat". We had lots of kids just hold out their bags and not say anything.
-Do walk around with your kids if they are little...
-Do go for a creative costume. My favorite part was checking out the fun costumes.

Don'ts:
-Don't try to get candy if you are sixteen and text messaging as you walk from car to car.
-Don't leave your baby in the van while you get candy for him/her. A lady told me she was doing this last night!!!
-Don't choose a short, sleeveless outfit with a bare midriff. It's cold in October!
-If you have a family with 2 parents, a five year old, and a newborn you don't need to carry four trick or treat bags!
Seriously though, we had a wonderful time. Here are a couple of pictures:



3 comments:

Sarah said...

tht looks like alot of fun! I feel bad that we haven't hung out in so long! Things have been crazy around here figuring out the furnance situation.....what are you up to this weekend or next?

Anonymous said...

Your post was extremely helpful! We're doing the trunk or treating thing tomorrow and I was clueless. Now I know not to leave Claire in the car while getting her candy....whatever would I do without you? :)

I miss you. Will call soon. Promise. :)

ashleigh said...

You forgot to say "Don't hand out religious tracts instead of candy." Kids hate that.