We decided to leave the resort and visit some Mayan ruins one day. It sounded like a good idea and we chose Tulum, which were the smaller ruins but closer to our resort. The man at the tour desk said it was a 45 minute to 1 hour trip each way. It was actually two, meaning that we spent 4 hours on the van that day. The ruins were pretty and the water there was amazing. They are the only Mayan ruins that are right on the ocean. Our tour guide was passionate about the ruins and talked about them for around an hour, but it was hard to understand him and I kind of tuned him out after awhile. Marcus did too... We really can't tell you much about these pictures, but I think they turned out pretty well. Marcus took most of them. He is definitely the better photographer in our family.
We like to call this picture "ancient Mayan lawnmower".
This iguana was huge...probably 2 1/2 feet long. There were even more iguanas at Tulum than at the resort's pool!
Say a prayer for Marcus. He hasn't been feeling well. His stomach was hurting really badly and he was up sick all night last night. I took him to the doctor and they think it's just a virus. He seems to be feeling a little better tonight.
1 comment:
All I can say is that I am SOOOOO jealous right now!
Post a Comment