Monday, March 7, 2011

2 acronyms

One is good and one is bad. I'll start with the good one.
1. JBF-Just Between Friends Sale.   It was so much fun to go with my friend, Patrice, whose baby boy is a few months older than Owen. A year ago you couldn't convince me of this, but boys are so fun to shop for. : )  For the first time, I sold some stuff, which allowed me to make some money and get in early.  I sold maternity clothes that I didn't wear, some baby clothes that were not the right size for the summer, and a few other random things.  I bought 30 items including a tummy time mirror, one of those little play tables that babies stand at, two pairs of shoes, and lots of cute clothes.  I spent $154 and made $60.  I thought that was great for the large amount I bought and the small amount I sold.

2. RSV-Respiratory Synctical Virus.  It has been making my sweet baby fussy, sleepy, not hungry, and sick since thursday.  Owen woke up that morning in a great mood and didn't see sick at all.  Around lunchtime, he started crying and was inconsolable.  He had a fever and just wasn't himself.  We were able to get a doctor's appointment friday morning.  When we arrived he was smiling and didn't have a fever anymore.  I felt silly for even taking him. Thank goodness I did though. He was diagnosed with bronchiolitis, and after the lab results came back, RSV.  I had heard of RSV before, but didn't know much about it.  There really isn't any medicine for it.  We are using saline drops and suctioning his nose, using a humidifier, and giving him tylenol as needed.  I hate seeing him sick.  He coughs alot and his breathing sounds terrible.  He just wants to be held and sleep.  He smiles occasionally, but isn't laughing or "talking".   I took the day off today and Marcus is going to work from home the next two days, so I can work. We go back to the doctor friday for a follow-up appointment.  Please keep him in your prayers.

thursday morning



sunday afternoon
 

No comments: