I haven't posted at all since Owen was born, but I fully intend to start blogging again. Now I actually have stuff to talk about. : )
I'll start with his birthday-well a brief synopsis. He was born on October 18. I was in labor for 22.5 hours, but thankfully I had an awesome epidural. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. The cord was around his neck, so he had to be taken to get suctioned and put on oxygen for just a few minutes and then he was fine. That was pretty scary for those few minutes though. After all that, he ended up being perfectly healthy. What a blessing! The whole time we were at the hospital I couldn't stop talking about how adorable his little face is. Everyone says he looks just like Marcus. He does have my hands though. My mom stayed with us for a few days after getting home from the hospital. It was so wonderful to have her here to help around the house and get a little extra rest.
 |
| I think this was taken before I even held him. |
 |
| One of my favorite pictures. : ) |
He is such a happy baby. He started smiling at 5 weeks old and seems to get more social everyday. He loves my singing (he's the only one) and reading books. Our favorite book is called "Snuggle Puppy". It is so sweet. He's a good sleeper (this is a more recent thing...) and has only been getting up once during the night. He's also a good eater. At his 1 month checkup, his weight and height were in the 25th percentile, but he seems huge now. We'll find out more about that next week. I really am going to try to blog more!!!
 |
| My friend Amy took gorgeous newborn pictures of him. He was 9 days old in this one. |
 |
| Watching football with Dad |
 |
| Happy Halloween! |
 |
| Happy Thanksgiving! |
1 comment:
Sweet family! He really is precious, Elizabeth! :)
Post a Comment