Friday, October 5, 2012

Pinterest Recipes

I love trying new foods.  I'm always pinning new recipes and have finally gotten around to trying a few.  Here are some we really enjoyed:

Shrimp Tacos2
 These really were easy and good- a fun weekend dinner. I loved the cabbage and cilantro in them.

Marcus saw that I had this pinned and asked why I hadn't make it yet.  It required buying several new spices, but now that we have those, it would be inexpensive to make again.  I was impressed at how good it was and that I made something that tasted like it was from an Indian or Thai restaurant.  One of the spices is very bright yellow, so cleaning up took a little extra time.  Definitely worth it though.

I had the next two recipes at a baby shower.  I had already pinned the dip and went right home and pinned the popcorn.

This dip is amazing!! It is only a few ingredients and has very little fat.  Marcus says the name is silly and not manly enough, so I need to come up with something else to call it.  I served it at girls Bible study with wheat thins and tortilla chips.  I had it for lunch the following day with saltine crackers.  Owen liked it too (he loves all dips).


This is soooo easy and so good.  It is only 3 ingredients.  I think I would half the recipe next time, because it made 2 9x13 baking dishes full.  I finally had to throw it away, because I couldn't keep myself from getting some every time I went into the kitchen.  This would be great to make for a teacher's gift and put in a cute container or to take as a dessert to a potluck.

No comments: