Friday, October 26, 2012

Birthday Party

I had great intentions of planning a pinterest-perfect birthday party for Owen.  All of a sudden, it was two weeks until the party and all I had done was send out invitations (which were adorable thanks to Colleen!) and ordered his birthday shirt from my friend Sallie.  I decided not to stress since it was going to be a small party and he would be happy no matter how much work I put into it.  The zoo theme pretty much turned into a bright color theme with a zoo banner, but I though it turned out pretty cute.  Marcus's mom brought Owen downstairs after his nap and when he saw everything, he said "Owen's party!". 


I burned the cupcakes the night before (and may have cried about it a little), so Marcus picked up some from a local cupcake shop. They were fantastic.  We had tropical, vanilla bean, and chunky monkey.



 My sweet, happy boy. I love that smile!
 He was a little obsessed with the balloons.  They ended up in a tangled mess by the end of the night, but they were worth every penny.
 Marcus and I got him this basketball goal and some new books.

 More of the balloons...
Opening the table Mama Short and Granddaddy got him for the play room.  I am super excited about this gift.  

No comments: