Tuesday, January 27, 2009

more ice

So I am off work today for ice. It's ice day #3 so far this winter. I've heard horror stories about last year's ice storm in Oklahoma and was pretty nervous, but it really hasn't been that bad. Marcus and I both woke up around 4:45 this morning because we heard the ice coming down. We were wide awake and watched tv until about 6. Has anyone else seen the "Your Baby Can Read" infomercial? It is fascinating. I think I'll have to buy it when we have kids. Marcus ended up going to work and my office was open, but I decided to stay home. I don't have any paid time off right now, but I really don't know what I would have done all day in the office. I discovered something really cool today that everyone else probably already knows about....yahoo radio. Marcus told me about it the other day-you can customize your own station. You pick the genres and singers you like and it makes a station just for you. It even chooses songs that it "thinks" you'll like and it did a good job of that. It was wonderful to use while I was on the elliptical. Maybe I am too easily amused, but I thought it was amazing!!! Here are a couple of ice pictures. By the way...yesterday my hair partially froze while I was de-icing my car after work. It felt really weird!

1 comment:

Carrie M said...

Try www.pandora.com. My studnets told me about it and I LOVE IT! You can pick a radio station based on 1 song, so like for Xmas I did a Josh Groban Xmas station, and then it did all Xmas songs with a similar sound. If an artist comes on that you hate, then you can vote them down and that song or artist will NEVER plan on your station again! I love it. I now listen to country music without ever hearing Shania Twain! Woohoo, yeah for technology. I think I have like 6 stations saved.