Friday, September 19, 2008

my new addiction

I didn't realize how much I used germ-x or other off brand hand sanitizers until someone at work was making fun of me (in a nice way) today. I keep some in my work car and of course in my purse. Last year I was very excited to find a huge 1/2 gallon or so of it for $3 at Walgreens. I have even taught some of the youngest kids I work with how to clean their hands. One little boy has a goal to identify body parts and the only one he knows consistently is "hand" when I say "let's clean our hands". Here are some instances that make me feel the need to clean my hands:
-shaking certain peoples' hands (I know that sounds rude- sorry)
-pumping gas
-touching gym equipment
-touching a shopping cart
-wiping kids noses (obviously)
-getting back in the car after working with kids
-sometimes touching doors at public places
-touching rails going up/down stairs
If I keep thinking about it, I'm sure I'll come up with more times that I need to use it. No wonder my hands are all dried out! I know it's probably bad to use this much, but I'm not making an effort to stop anytime soon. I think it would drive me crazy to not use it when my hands feel dirty.

3 comments:

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Just wandered onto your blog thru blogger...I had to comment. I am constantly made fun of for my addiction to hand sanitizers!

~melody~

Anonymous said...

That is totally me! I tell my kids that it is magic jelly and it kills all the germs! I don't go anywhere without it. I am now totally addicted to the antibacterial wipes also. If you think it's bad now, wait until you have kids!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other comment - it is SO Bad once you have kids! Even my goofball husband, who I had never seen care much about hand cleanliness, throws a huge fit if I hand Claire over to someone to hold without making them hand sanitize first! We bought the BIG bottle at Sams and like 10 of the small ones.