Saturday, September 6, 2008

this week's resolution

I have been terrible about cooking lately. I don't get home until between 6 and 7 most nights, so frozen bertolli meals, sushi, and chik-fil-a have become our main sources of nutrition. Although our grocery bills have been low, I don't even want to look at our bank statement to see how much we've spent at restaurants. This week I am determined to cook (at least a few times). I have heard lots of good things about the year of crockpotting blog and am going to try the salsa chicken recipe I found on there. My friend Sarah posted a bruschetta chicken recipe that I want to try too. One night I am making a weight watchers cheesy vegetable soup recipe that I love and that makes tons of soup. Marcus is going to make one of his mom's easy recipes that is just polish sausage, peppers, onion, and stewed tomatoes on rice. It is really easy and good and will be a fast wednesday night meal. I will be so proud of myself if I actually cook three nights this week. How sad is that?

4 comments:

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Oh, that salsa chicken recipe is delish!! We had ours over rice with chips to scoop up the yummy sauce.

I also have a recipe similar to Ms. Rhea's with sausage, bell pepper, onions, cabbage, chicken broth, and seasoning....easy and yummy!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely not sad at all. I'm doing good to cook (not prepare, actually COOK) once a week! You're welcome to borrow some of my quick and easy favorites. They include roast, beef stroganaff (both made in crockpot), chicken tetrazini and burrito pie (both recipes make at least two meals and you can easily freeze the other). I'll talk to you soon and we can swap... :)

Anonymous said...

Uh yeah, somehow I hit the wrong button. Anonymous is actually me :)

Sarah said...

it is a really good recipe :) We ate the last of the leftovers tonight.

How's life friend? I'm sad that you get home so late. If you want to go walk @ the park sometime, let me know