Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Can I have just one bite? Please?
I love food. I watch the Food Network all the time, love to cook, and eat more than Marcus at most meals. There are so many things I love and I am always wanting to try new things. Since meeting Marcus I have added sushi and Indian food to things I enjoy. My mom started a wonderful tradition of sharing a bite of her food at restaurants when I was little. She would always share a rather large bite with me and my brother without us even asking and we would share our food with her, if her stomach would allow her to eat what we had ordered. My dad usually just stuck to his own food. Aside from my mom's tasty tradition, I usually tend to order healthier or more boring things for myself and then I'm envious of the greasy, cheesy things that others have. Fast forward to college. When my roommate Jessica and I would go out to eat, I would sometimes ask to try some of her food. Don't worry, I never asked to try her food in the Harding cafeteria. I especially remember wanting to try some yummy-looking chicken strips at T.G.I. Fridays one time. I was always willing to share my food in return. She was always nice and shared, but I think she thought it was a little strange. We were roommates for so long that it became less weird over time. Now Marcus has caught on to my taste-testing habit. For some reason, he orders rare steak at most restaurants. If we go to eat sushi, he gets the nigiri (big chunks of fish). These are two of the few things I will not eat. My theory is that he just wants to eat an entire meal without me pestering him for some of it. Last night however, he made a late-night trip to sonic and offered for me to try his banana split blast without me even asking. I did ask if it was good, which is how I ususally lead into trying stuff, but I wasn't even planning to ask to try it. I didn't say anything about his generosity at the time, but I thought it was very sweet. Thanks Marcus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I always like to sample what my hubs orders. I am not usually willing to try new things and he always is willing to try new things. This way if I just try his I don't waste an entire meal if I don't like it:-)
That is so funny! I never knew that about you. I think it's sweet that your mom always shared with you. What a great way to get your children to try new things!
where do you work as an SLP? I just started w/ BA schools and love it :) Always great to meet another SLP!
I used to always share the last bite with my daughter - it was always the best bite. As she grew (she is 12 now) she learned that the last bite was the best and she began to really appreciate my little gift. Now, if we have something special, we will exchange last bites.
Having kids is so much fun.
Post a Comment