Thursday, July 17, 2008

hermit

Ok, I guess I can officially be considered a hermit. My car has been in the shop this week, so on top of not going to work, I haven't really been able to go anywhere during the day- at least while Marcus is at work. Yesterday I decided I HAD to get out. I went to read by the pool at our apartment and only stayed out for about45 minutes. Last night I noticed a lovely little sunburn on my shoulders and legs and on one arm. It isn't a bad burn, but I think it's pretty pitiful that I burned in such a short time. Luckily, I've made a daily habit of putting sunscreen on my face and it was spared from the burn. I have never been this pale in the middle of the summer. Macus and I went on anniversary trip back in March and I had a nice spring tan. Now it's long gone and I look like I have never been outside in my life! I tried using some self tanning lotion, but it just made me sparkly - not tan. It might be because I bought the palest kind, but I was afraid anything else would make me orange. Another thing, I didn't go to our apartment's pool to socialize, but I was annoyed that I was the only person there who spoke English. More on that another day.

Marcus is planning another exciting entry. He has talked about posting every Tuesday and Friday.

No comments: