Friday, July 11, 2008

easy art project

This afternoon I decided to do a little art project. Last summer, Marcus and I used mod podge glue and tissue paper on a canvas to make an inexpensive piece of art for our living room. He did most of it, but I helped. I have to admit, he is a pretty crafty guy. I did the same thing today with scrapbook paper and 8x10 canvases. I just put mod podge under and on top of the paper and wrapped it around the canvas like I was wrapping a gift. The glue was dry in about an hour. I think they turned out pretty well. On other blogs, I have seen similar art with letters or pictures glued over the background that looked really cute.

The canvases I used today are so small that I will probably make two more and group them together on a wall. The green paper is made to look distressed and the brown paper has a leathery look to it.




Today's mini-project
Last summer's project


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

friday is my blog day

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Oh, I love it! I love Mod Podge. Ash and Eve clevenger introduced me to.....fabulous stuff. I love reading your blog...I often said my perfect job would be creating excel spread sheets...but I am now adding professional blog reader. Do you think I could get paid for that?

ashleigh said...

that is cute! post a pic of them when you hang them up. you and marcus are a creative pair :)