Wednesday, August 6, 2008

not a bad day

Today was one of those days where lots of little things nearly drove me crazy, but when I think about it nothing that bad happened. Alot of the annoying stuff was just my clumsiness which I should be used to. I always drop stuff and run into walls and doorways and have several bruises to prove it. I probably should have gotten physical therapy or something when I was little to work on balance and coordination! This morning I got to my first daycare and things went great with the first kid. Then I got to her brother (whose behavior was horrible last week). While I was setting up a game for us to play, he ran to the cubbies, grabbed scissors and cut the blinds (as in on the window). I was trying to run over to stop him, but he is a speedy little thing. Then he kept licking his hands and smearing spit everywhere. Needless to say, he did not get a sticker today. This afternoon I worked with an 11 year old boy who said speech is for babies, refused to play any games or look at any pictures cards, put his head in his shirt, and told me about twenty times that I was making him miss a movie in his class. After leaving his daycare, I was stuck in traffic and didn't even get back to the office until 6. I was shaking and so tired by the time I finally got in the car to come home.

When I got home, Marcus made my day alot better. He ordered pizza for us so I wouldn't have to cook. He also took out the trash, put up laundry, and emptied the dishwasher. Now I feel much better. Hopefully tomorrow will go a little more smoothly or at least I will manage to stay calm.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That scissor story will be funny to you in about a week :) I hate when traffic is bad and it just is the icing on the cake!

JR and Hilari said...

I think I would have brained the scissor boy. (What a job hazard - scissors.) We got in huge trouble when we were kids if we treated a teacher that way. I'm sorry your day was rough!

Hilari

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Uggggg, that does sound like a bad day! However, not cooking and a helpful husband, can ALWAYS make a day better.

Anonymous said...

What a nice hubby! I know how great it is to come home and find that stuff done - it means the world!