All the dishes that were in there with the water bottle smell like burned plastic too. It's great. I have learned my lesson about following the dishwasher's rules.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
top rack only
I have a couple of different water bottles I take to work and sip on throughout the day. One of my favorites had a "top rack only" warning on it for the dishwasher. Well, it was too tall to fit on the top rack, so I usually washed it by hand. On a few occassions I have not played by the rules and washed it on the bottom rack of the dishwasher. I have never had any problems - until now. Yesterday I was about to unload the dishwasher and I smelled burned plastic and the botton rack would not pull out. My lovely bottle lid had fallen through the rack and melted onto the heating element. I had to cut the lid from the bottle, because it was attached by a little plastic piece and then pull as hard as I could to pry it off the heating element. I know that dishwashers get really hot, but this is crazy. Here is how the poor lid ended up.
All the dishes that were in there with the water bottle smell like burned plastic too. It's great. I have learned my lesson about following the dishwasher's rules.
All the dishes that were in there with the water bottle smell like burned plastic too. It's great. I have learned my lesson about following the dishwasher's rules.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You rule breaker!! It is being married to Marcus that has you living on the edge! Just wait until you guys have kiddos and everything NEEDS to be washed in the dishwasher, but everything has 1000 parts to wash individually.
Post a Comment